The Victorian Government has announced that the City of Greater Geelong will exit lockdown from 11:59pm Sunday, 26 September 2021.
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers, foster carers, clients, community and the animals in our care are our top priority. Our Moolap site remains open with our services by appointment. From 9am 19 November 2021 public viewing of animals available for adoption is permitted across the shelter. Cats and small animals adoption services are via appointment or walk-ins, however, dog adoption services remain by appointment only.
For more information about our individual services, please see below.
When visiting us onsite, please ensure that you wear a fitted face mask (unless an exemption applies) when in our reception area and other building, practice physical distancing, utilise hand sanitising stations located around the site and sign in via the Victorian Government QR code when you arrive.
Do NOT visit the site if:
- you have visited an exposure site
- are experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms
- have tested positive to COVID-19
- have been in direct contact with someone who have tested positive to COVID-19
- have recently been tested and are awaiting a negative result
- have returned from overseas within the past 14 days
Community Vet Clinic
The GAWS vet clinic remains open to our community. Masks are required at all times (unless an exemption applies). Upon arrival, report to reception with your animal and sign in via the Victorian Government QR code.
Adoption applications will continue to be taken online. If you see an animal that you think may be a good match for your lifestyle, submit an application and a team member will be in touch as soon as they have had a chance to review this.
Cats and small animals adoption services are via appointment or walk-ins, however, dog adoption services remain by appointment only. Public viewing of all adoption animals is now permitted for all areas of the shelter.
We are currently experiencing high volumes of interest in adopting from GAWS, we appreciate you patience and understanding during this time.
Dogs Cats Small Animals & Birds
Our Foster program is now more important than ever. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a GAWS Foster Carer, please complete our online application via the Foster page and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please get in touch with us by telephone on (03) 5248 2091 or visit the Moolap facility during business hours reclaim your pet.
Please telephone us on (03) 5248 2091 to make an appointment prior to coming into our facility.
Op Shop and Recycled Fashion & Homewares Stores
- GAWS Op Shop - 63 Vines Road, Hamlyn Heights: Open Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm
- GAWS Recycled Fashion & Homewares - 201 Pakington Street, Geelong West: Wednesday - Saturday 10am - 3pm
Please note as per the Victorian Governments directive, all customers that enter the stores must check in upon entry and show proof of double vaccination via the Services Vic App. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
For all other enquiries, please contact us on (03) 5248 2091
In addition, we've implemented a number of other measures to protect everyone onsite including:
- Additional cleaning throughout the day of our high traffic areas.
- Provision of hand sanitiser available for all visitors to site. We ask that you please sanitise your hands upon entry AND exist of our reception & cat adoption areas.
- Please be mindful to maintain the recommended 1.5m social distancing measures throughout the facility.
- Please be patient with our staff and volunteers, they are doing the best they can. We want to ensure that every ones health & safety is the number one priority at all times.
We will continue to keep our community updated on a regular basis.
Let's all work together and lead with kindness during these unprecedented times.
Related Article: COVID-19 & Our Pets