With the current COVID-19 global pandemic we are all faced with challenging times ahead. With the situation changing frequently, we will continue to assess and respond to these changes, because the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, foster carers, clients community and the animals in our care are our top priority.
When visiting us onsite please ensure that you abide by the recommended density limits per building, wear a fitted face mask while indoors and any other time you are unable to physically distance, utilise hand sanitising stations located around the site and sign in via the QR code when you arrive.
HOW WE'RE DOING THINGS DIFFERENTLY
Community Vet Clinic
The GAWS vet clinic remains open to our community however, we have made some changes to how we conduct consultations. We ask that you wear a mask during your consultation and when you enter our reception area. Upon arrival, report to reception with your animal.
We've changed our adoption process...
To learn more about our new process click here. If you're interested in adopting a new furry or feathered family member, please complete the applicable application form via the button below.
Dogs Cats Small Animals & Birds
Our Foster program is now more important than ever. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a GAWS Foster Carer, please complete our online application via the Foster page and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please get in touch with us by telephone on (03) 5248 2091 or visit the Moolap facility during business hours reclaim your pet.
Please telephone us on (03) 5248 2091 to make an appointment prior to coming into our facility.
Op Shop and Recycled Fashion & Homewares Stores
- GAWS Op Shop - 63 Vines Road, Hamlyn Heights: Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm
- GAWS Recycled Fashion & Homewares - 201 Pakington Street, Geelong West: Wednesday - Saturday 11
For all other enquiries, please contact us on (03) 5248 2091
In addition, we've implemented a number of other measures to protect everyone onsite including:
- Additional cleaning throughout the day of our high traffic areas.
- Provision of hand sanitiser available for all visitors to site. We ask that you please sanitise your hands upon entry AND exist of our reception & cat adoption areas.
- When visiting us by appointment, please observe people limits. We can only have four (4) people in reception at a time. There is additional seating available outside our reception and cat adoption areas while you wait.
- Please be mindful to maintain the recommended 1.5m social distancing measures throughout the facility.
- Please be patient with our staff and volunteers, they are doing the best they can. We want to ensure that every ones health & safety is the number one priority at all times.
Do NOT visit the site if you are:
- experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms
- have tested positive to COVID-19
- have been in direct contact with someone who have tested positive to COVID-19
- have recently been tested and are awaiting a negative result
- have returned from overseas within the past 14 days
We will continue to keep our community updated on a regular basis.
Let's all work together and lead with kindness during these unprecedented times.
Related Article: COVID-19 & Our Pets