The Victorian Government has announced Regional Victoria's restrictions will change effective 11:59pm Thursday 3 June 2021.
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers, foster carers, clients, community and the animals in our care are our top priority. Our Moolap site remains open with our services by appointment. From 9am Friday, 4 June 2021 public viewing is again permitted of adoption animals however, adoptions services remain by appointment.
For more information about our services, please see below.
When visiting us onsite for your scheduled appointment, please ensure that you abide by the recommended density limits per building, wear a fitted face mask (unless an exemption applies) while indoors and outdoors where physical distancing of 1.5m is unable to be maintained, practice physically distancing at all times, utilise hand sanitising stations located around the site and sign in via the Victorian Government QR code when you arrive.
Do NOT visit the site if:
- you have visited an exposure site
- are experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms
- have tested positive to COVID-19
- have been in direct contact with someone who have tested positive to COVID-19
- have recently been tested and are awaiting a negative result
- have returned from overseas within the past 14 days
Community Vet Clinic
The GAWS vet clinic remains open to our community. We ask that you wear a mask during your consultation and when you enter our reception area. Upon arrival, report to reception with your animal and sign in via the Victorian Government QR code.
Adoption applications will continue to be taken online. If you see an animal that you think may be a good match for your lifestyle, submit an application and a team member will be in touch as soon as they have had a chance to review this. We are currently experiencing high volumes of interest in adopting from GAWS, we appreciate you patience and understanding during this time. Viewing of adoption animals at our Moolap site is permitted however, adoption services remain by appointment.
Dogs Cats Small Animals & Birds
Our Foster program is now more important than ever. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a GAWS Foster Carer, please complete our online application via the Foster page and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please get in touch with us by telephone on (03) 5248 2091 or visit the Moolap facility during business hours reclaim your pet.
Please telephone us on (03) 5248 2091 to make an appointment prior to coming into our facility.
Op Shop and Recycled Fashion & Homewares Stores
- GAWS Op Shop - 63 Vines Road, Hamlyn Heights: Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm (please note this store will reopen on Monday, 7 June 2021)
- GAWS Recycled Fashion & Homewares - 201 Pakington Street, Geelong West: Wednesday - Saturday 11am - 3pm (please note this store will reopen Wednesday, 9 June 2021)
For all other enquiries, please contact us on (03) 5248 2091
In addition, we've implemented a number of other measures to protect everyone onsite including:
- Additional cleaning throughout the day of our high traffic areas.
- Provision of hand sanitiser available for all visitors to site. We ask that you please sanitise your hands upon entry AND exist of our reception & cat adoption areas.
- When visiting us by appointment, please observe people limits. We can only have four (4) people in reception at a time.
- Please be mindful to maintain the recommended 1.5m social distancing measures throughout the facility.
- Please be patient with our staff and volunteers, they are doing the best they can. We want to ensure that every ones health & safety is the number one priority at all times.
We will continue to keep our community updated on a regular basis.
Let's all work together and lead with kindness during these unprecedented times.
Related Article: COVID-19 & Our Pets