Donations of Goods
What items can I donate in kind?
In kind donations are essential for the animals at our shelter.
Here is a list of frequently used items we love:
- New or in good condition towels and blankets
- Enrichment items for the shelter animals – kongs, large tug toys, small scratching posts and treats eg: pigs ears, dental chews, schmackos etc.
- Dog and cat food (wet & dry). Please consider brands that provide meat as its first ingredient, any low quality food may upset tummies.
- Small cat beds & igloos
Unfortunately, we CANNOT accept the following items at the shelter:
- Fitted bed sheets (with elastic) and pillowcases
- Doonas, quilts and underlays
- Pillows or cushions
- Electrical items
- Recycled meat trays
If you would like to donate, there is a drop off area in reception at GAWS.
It costs GAWS thousands of dollars each year to dispose of that we are unable to utilise in the shelter. Please keep this in mind when donating items.
GAWS Op Shop
If you have any unwanted clothing items in good condition, please consider donating them to the GAWS Op Shop.
Please note the Op Shop is unable to accept furniture and electrical items. The Op Shop is operated by our volunteers and sells quality products. All profits generated from the GAWS Op Shop help support the animals in care at the Moolap shelter.
63 Vines Road, Hamlyn Heights
Monday to Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday & Public Holidays: Closed
It costs GAWS thousands of dollars each year to dispose of unsellable items.
Please don't donate anything that is broken, damaged, ripped, stained or in any way faulty. A simple rule of thumb is if you wouldn't give it to a family member or friend, please don't give it to us.