Donations of Goods
What items can I donate in kind?
In kind donations are essential for the animals at our shelter.
Here is a list of frequently used items we love:
- New or in good condition towels and blankets
- Enrichment items for the shelter animals – kongs, large tug toys, scratching posts and treats eg: pigs ears and dental chews etc.
- Dog (dry food only) and cat food (wet & dry). Please consider brands that provide meat as its first ingredient, any low quality food may upset tummies.
- Small cat beds & igloos
- Flat bed sheets (no elastic)
Unfortunately, we CANNOT accept the following items at the shelter:
- Fitted bed sheets (with elastic) and pillowcases
- Doonas, quilts and underlays
- Pillows or cushions
- Electrical items
- Recycled meat trays
If you would like to donate, there is a drop off area in reception at GAWS.
GAWS Op Shop
If you have any unwanted clothing items in good condition, please consider donating them to the GAWS Op Shop.
Please note the Op Shop is unable to accept furniture and electrical items. The Op Shop is operated by our volunteers and sells quality products. All profits generated from the GAWS Op Shop help support our non-government funded animal shelter.
63 Vines Road, Hamlyn Heights
Monday to Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday & Public Holidays: Closed
GAWS Recycled Fashion & Homewares
If you have any great quality unwanted clothing items in excellent condition, please consider donating them to the GAWS Recycled Fashion & Homewares store.
Please note this store only can only accept limited donations and is unable to accept any furniture, baby goods (other than good quality clothing and toys) and electrical items. The store is operated by our volunteers and aims to recycle as much as possible. All profits generated from the GAWS Recycled Fashion & Homewares store help support our non-government animal shelter.
201 Pakington Street, Geelong West
Wednesday to Saturday: 11am - 3pm
Public Holidays: Closed